CRITICALLY-acclaimed professional theatre company Red Shift returns to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans to put on Shakespeare s Much Ado About Nothing. Director Jonathan Holloway s production of the Shakespeare comedy emphasises the humiliation, rev
CRITICALLY-acclaimed professional theatre company Red Shift returns to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans to put on Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
Director Jonathan Holloway's production of the Shakespeare comedy emphasises the humiliation, revenge and brutality of the original text. Staged in the moral vacuum of the 1990s' Balkans, suspicion and violence reign and two loving relationships are brought to the brink of disaster by a pair of ruthless brothers.
The evening of shocks and laughter is designed for Shakespeare enthusiasts and newcomers alike and fulfils the criteria of National Curriculum, Key Stage 3. English.
Red Shift have put on a number of successful shows at the arts theatre in recent years, including Nicholas Nickleby, Vertigo and Get Carter.
You may also want to watch:
Much Ado About Nothing can be seen at 8pm next Thursday and Friday, January 17 and 18, and tickets at £12 with concessions £10 are available from the theatre box office on 01727 844222.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge