Nostalgia comes to Alban Arena with glitz and hitz
- Credit: Archant
Three top bands from that decade come together for Glitz, Blitz and 70s Hitz at the Alban Arena next Tuesday, November 24.
Sweet, Mud 2 and The Rubettes join forces from 7.30pm to present an evening of some of the greatest hits of the 1970s, including Fox on the Run, Tiger Feet, Sugar Baby Love, Ballroom Blitz, Lonely This Christmas, Juke Box Live and many more.
Tickets are £28.50 and £26.50, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online here.
The 70s give way to the 80s next Thursday, November 26, when Go West and Nik Kershaw are joined by special guest T’Pau on the Arena stage from 7.30pm.
The triple header will feature such hits as Wouldn’t it be Good, The Riddle, I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me, We Close Our Eyes, Call Me, King of Wishful Thinking, Heart and Soul and China in Your Hand.
Tickets are £32 seated and £28.50 standing.
You may also want to watch:
Early festive cheer can be found at the Arena next Friday, November 27, with So This is Christmas performed by a cast including Hollyoaks actress Gemma Merna, 90s pop star Kavana and a live band.
It features two hours of seasonal classics such as White Christmas, Let It Snow, Jingle Bell Rock, Last Christmas, All I Want for Christmas is You and Fairytale of New York.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £26, £24 and £22 with concessions £3 off.
Vienna Festival Ballet returns to the Arena next Saturday, November 29, with The Nutcracker, the Tchaikovsky ballet which follows Clara and her nutcracker doll as it transforms into a princely soldier.
Vienna Festival Ballet comprises international dancers from all corners of the globe and The Nutcracker takes to the stage at 2.30pm.
Tickets are £23 with concessions £19 and under 16s £15.
* Classic Christmas fantasy drama, It’s A Wonderful Life, is being screened at the Arena next Wednesday, November 25.
Starring James Stewart as the compassionate but despairingly frustrated George Bailey who wishes he had never been born until an angel (Henry Travers) is sent to earth to make that wish come true, the Frank Capra film has become a quintessential Christmas classic.
Also starring Donna Read, it was initally a box office flop until the copyright lapsed in 1974 and the TV networks were able to show it royalty-free.
Screenings are at 1.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets for the matinee are £5 and for the evening screening £7 with concessions £5.
* Jasper Carrott’s Stand Up and Rock show on Monday night, November 23, has sold out.