Nikki Iles at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s finest composers and pianists, Nikki Iles, plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, April 27.
A well-respected jazz educator, twice nominated for the Parliamentary Jazz Education Award, she currently teaches at the Royal Academy, Guildhall and Trinity as well as Middlesex University.
She was a graduate of Leeds College of Music and while in Yorkshire she became a favourite accompanist at the Wakefield Jazz club for luminaries such as Dick Morrisey, Jim Mullen, Pete King, Iain Ballamy, Scott Hamilton, Art Farmer and Teddy Edwards.
Playing highlights in the last couple of years have included The Julian Arguelles Octet, The Kenny Wheeler Big Band, The Printmakers with Norma Winstone and Mike Walker, Martin Speake’s ECM tour and Renga with Rufus Reid.
Her quartet for the evening will also comprise Stan Sulzman, saxes, Arnie Somogyi, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm. Tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans