Nikki Iles at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s finest composers and pianists, Nikki Iles, plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, April 27.
A well-respected jazz educator, twice nominated for the Parliamentary Jazz Education Award, she currently teaches at the Royal Academy, Guildhall and Trinity as well as Middlesex University.
She was a graduate of Leeds College of Music and while in Yorkshire she became a favourite accompanist at the Wakefield Jazz club for luminaries such as Dick Morrisey, Jim Mullen, Pete King, Iain Ballamy, Scott Hamilton, Art Farmer and Teddy Edwards.
Playing highlights in the last couple of years have included The Julian Arguelles Octet, The Kenny Wheeler Big Band, The Printmakers with Norma Winstone and Mike Walker, Martin Speake’s ECM tour and Renga with Rufus Reid.
Her quartet for the evening will also comprise Stan Sulzman, saxes, Arnie Somogyi, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm. Tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary