Nigel Hitchcock at Herts Jazz Club
TALENTED saxophonist Nigel Hitchcock brings his quartet to the Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
It marks his return to the English scene after spending the last decade in Scotland.
Nigel joined the National Youth Jazz Orchestra at the age of 11, taking the lead alto chair after only a year there and, for the next five years, toured with stars such as Vic Damone, Buddy Greco and Al Martino.
He began to play with various other big bands, function bands and jazz combos and was already a seasoned professional when he left school at 16.
In 1989 Nigel joined the contemporary saxophone quartet Itchy Fingers, touring Europe and South East Asia with the foursome over an 18-month period.
You may also want to watch:
He went on to perform with artists such as Tom Jones, Wet Wet Wet and Robbie Williams before moving to the Isle of Skye to work on his composition skills and commissions for classical work.
Tickets to the see the Nigel Hitchcock Quartet at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.45pm are �11 online at www.welhat.gov.uk/cw, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared