Nicholas Hare to give organ recital at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL musician, Nicholas Hare, is giving an organ recital in St Albans city centre next Tuesday, March 5.
Organised by the New School of Organ Studies (NSOS), the recital runs from 12.30pm to 1.15pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
Nicholas was a chorister at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor, and read Music at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, graduating with first class honours. After some years spent in music research and teaching as director of music at Cheltenham College Junior School, he started a new career in music publishing, deciding to go freelance in 1990.
Nicholas is an enthusiastic choral singer having enjoyed a few years as a tenor lay clerk in St. Albans Cathedral. He regularly performs with St. Albans Chamber Choir and St. Albans Bach Choir.
His programme will include works by English Tudor composers, J.S.Bach, Messiaen, Peter Maxwell Davies, and finish with the festive Coronation March ‘Crown Imperial’ by William Walton.
You may also want to watch:
Also included is a piece composed by Nicholas himself based on Sir Hubert Parry’s setting of Crossing the Bar by Alfred Lord Tennyson for unaccompanied choir.
The Marlborough Road recitals begin at 12.30pm with tea, coffee and biscuits available before and after the recital. Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
For further details, contact (01727) 865979 or e.mail email@example.com.