New writing at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
NEW writing talent is unveiled in three short plays which are being showcased by theatre company OVO in the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans, next Thursday and Friday, June 21/22.
Not Like Dreaming by Anne Stafford Murray explores the kindness of strangers after a car crash, Cycle by Joanna Norland takes a real-life neighbourly dispute over ‘right of way’ as its inspiration and in Us by Steven Shawcroft, two young men fail to consider the consequences as they embark on a crusade for financial vengeance.
Tickets for both nights, which start at 8pm, are �10 and �7.50 and can be booked via arts theatre on 07807 521436 or at www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk
The Fishes Wishes, an interactive philosophical cabaret for children which is part of the St Albans Festival, is being performed by Lyngo Theatre Company at the arts theatre from next Saturday, June 23, until Tuesday, June 26.
Aimed at ages three-plus and families, a little vegetarian fish who lives in a glass escapes into the airy world to eat bubbles, pick up tears and drink stars from a bowl.
You may also want to watch:
It asks such questions as why is the sky blue, what do all the fish say at the bottom of the sea and where do they keep the salt?
Performances are at 10.30am and 1pm each day with additional performances at 3pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Tickets are �10 and �5.