New wave of artists at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Two musicians from the new breed of performers are appearing at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, February 14.
Freddie Gavita and Callum Au join the Clark Tracey Trio from 7.30pm at the club which meets at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
A stalwart of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) from 2004-7, Freddie has been a fixture on the British big-band scene for the last eight years.
He plays regularly with the Stan Sulzmann Big Band, the Laurence Cottle Big Band, the Dankworth Million Dollar Big Band, the Callum Au Big Band, and has been a member of the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra since 2007.
Callum was a member of NYJO from 2005-10, during which time he played lead trombone and was one of the band’s principal arrangers. He now works in two of the house bands at Ronnie Scott’s Club – the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra and the Ronnie Scott’s Jook Joint Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
He is also active as a freelance tenor and bass trombonist, having worked with many of the top ensembles in the UK including the John Wilson Orchestra, Echoes of Ellington, and the Guy Barker Big Band.
Tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills