New music festival comes to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Climax Blues Band are headling a new music festival which is being held in Harpenden this Saturday. (30)
The Harpenden Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival runs from 2pm to 10pm at the Public Halls and as well as the headline act, five other performers will complete the line-up.
Climax Blues Band have had several big-selling albums with singles Couldn’t Get It Right and I Love You establishing a reputation which carried them through until the death of founder member Colin Cooper in 2008.
The band that has continued in his wake is made up of the remaining members of a group formed in the 1960s .
Supporting Climax Blues Band will be soul singer Kyla Brox, singer, songwriter and performer Laurence Jones, inventive blues band Husky Tones, and blues and southern rock performers Southbound.
You may also want to watch:
Joining them will be The Tom Seals Band, with Tom aiming to take on the mantle of UK Piano Man from the likes of Elton John and Jools Holland.
All the sets will incorporate a mix of blues, rock and r’n’b with a contemporary take on some songs.
Tickets from £31 are available here.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead