New music festival comes to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Climax Blues Band are headling a new music festival which is being held in Harpenden this Saturday. (30)
The Harpenden Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival runs from 2pm to 10pm at the Public Halls and as well as the headline act, five other performers will complete the line-up.
Climax Blues Band have had several big-selling albums with singles Couldn’t Get It Right and I Love You establishing a reputation which carried them through until the death of founder member Colin Cooper in 2008.
The band that has continued in his wake is made up of the remaining members of a group formed in the 1960s .
Supporting Climax Blues Band will be soul singer Kyla Brox, singer, songwriter and performer Laurence Jones, inventive blues band Husky Tones, and blues and southern rock performers Southbound.
You may also want to watch:
Joining them will be The Tom Seals Band, with Tom aiming to take on the mantle of UK Piano Man from the likes of Elton John and Jools Holland.
All the sets will incorporate a mix of blues, rock and r’n’b with a contemporary take on some songs.
Tickets from £31 are available here.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests