New chairman for St Albans Art Society
Former newspaper editor and international public relations adviser Edward Bevin has been elected chairman of St Albans Art Society.
He succeeds Peter Osborne who had held the post for the last two years.
In addition to his journalism and public relations career, Edward is currently head of press and public relations for the renowned Friends of Cathedral Music (FCM) which hands out more than £200,000 each year to enhance music in cathedrals and churches at home and overseas.
He is a keen artist, and from his garden studio in Watford Road, St Albans, he has produced more than 100 canvases. He first took up painting 14 years ago and trained in watercolours before switching to acrylic.
He has exhibited locally, including a solo exhibition in St Albans Cathedral which, last year, reproduced as a Christmas card, his painting of the majestic building in snow, which raised several hundred pounds.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, Edward’s painting of the West Front of St Paul’s Cathedral, which received critical acclaim, was reproduced as an Advent calendar. More than 5,000 copies were sold at home and abroad.
He is also an art critic and frequently reviews major art exhibitions in London.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
At the annual meeting, Edward stressed the importance of the society, the origins of which can be traced back more than 100 years.