Music in the Parks in St Albans on Sunday
CUBAN covers, blues, jazz and the songs of Bob Dylan are all in the line-up as the Music in the Parks season continues at Clarence Park, St Albans, on Sunday.
The Bob Villains are well known locally for their interpretations of Bob Dylan songs. They appeal not just to Dylan fans but draw in rock fans from acoustic days through to Rolling Thunder and beyond.
Swanvesta Social Club is a band of experienced musicians from the St Albans area who play everything with a little twist of Cuba. The band mixes unlikely covers with originals.
Faultline Jazz are inspired by the complex simplicity of African jazz, playing an eclectic mix of African, Latin, modern and fusion music.
Completing the line-up is Dr Shades who perform a wide range of blues styles and are popular all over Herts and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 1.30pm to 5.30pm at The Bandstand in Clarence Park and admission is free.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters