Music festival at Radlett’s Battlers Green Farm
THE rural shopping village which hit the headlines last year when its cockerels faced the chop for crowing is holding its own music festival.
A neighbour of Battlers Green Farm in Radlett tried to have the four cockerels silenced but after a campaign by the shop and its customers, the birds were allowed to stay and keep on crowing.
Now the farm is holding a charity music festival next Saturday, September 11, to mark its 50th anniversary and raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support and Great Ormond Street.
Internationally-acclaimed musical director and award-winning composer Warren Wills will join the original Phantom of the Opera Peter Straker and Last Choir Standing judge Sharon D. Clarke in the tribute to 50 years of the best music theatre.
Also performing will be cast members from shows like We Will Rock You and Andrew Mitchell and the Big Funk Corporation.
You may also want to watch:
A DJ Barn is being laid on for teenagers together with dodgems, a bouncy castle, slide, candy floss and other attractions.
Paul Haworth, whose family has farmed at Battlers Green for 50 years, said: “There is something for everyone. A great night out for all the family.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Tickets for the festival, which runs from 6pm to midnight, are priced at �10 each and are available from www.ticketline.co.uk, the sales hotline on 0844 888 9991 or from the Farm Shop, Battlers Green Farm, Herts WD7 8PH.