All The Young Dudes – Mott the Hoople singer Ian Hunter set for Harpenden concert
- Credit: Archant
David Bowie famously wrote All The Young Dudes for Mott the Hoople back in 1972.
And the lead singer of that glam rock-era band will be appearing live in concert at Harpenden Public Halls next month.
Ian Hunter & The Rant Band will play the Southdown Road venue on Tuesday, June 13, with Department S as support.
As leader of 70s British rock legends Mott The Hoople and a hugely influential solo artist, Ian Hunter is widely revered as one of rock ‘n’ roll’s most compelling performers, as well as one of its most articulate songwriters.
As author of such anthems as All The Way From Memphis, Once Bitten, Twice Shy and Cleveland Rocks, and voice of the Bowie-penned All The Young Dudes, he remains a hero to fellow musicians and fans around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Support band Department S are a British post-punk/new wave band formed in 1980 and best known for their debut single, Is Vic There?.
Originally released in December 1980, it reached number 22 in the UK Singles Chart the following year, and was produced by former members of Mott The Hoople.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Tickets for the concert at the Southdown Road venue cost £27.50.
This performance is standing room only and the gig starts at 8pm.
• For tickets, call the box office on 01582 767525 or book online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk