Regular jazz and comedy nights coming to St Albans theatre
- Credit: Archant
Regular jazz and comedy nights are coming to a St Albans venue.
The Maltings Arts Theatre is set to host two new regular nights of jazz and comedy, starting next month.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will be laughing all the way from Hitchin to St Albans with their comedy club, Mostly Comedy.
Starting on Thursday, May 3, the duo will be hosting Olivier Award-nominated comedian Arthur Smith and Radio 2 regular Barry from Watford.
Future line-ups include BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz regular Simon Munnery, character comedy from Alison Thea-Skot and three-times Perrier-nominated Reginald D Hunter and Red Dwarf’s Hattie Hayridge.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Herts Jazz will be taking up residence every Tuesday evening at the Maltings, having left their Sunday night home of seven years in Welwyn Garden City.
The first Herts Jazz gig in St Albans will take place on Tuesday, April 3 with international jazz star Scott Hamilton.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
OVO artistic director Adam Nichols said: “I’m delighted that we are creating an even more diverse programme with the addition of regular jazz and comedy nights.
“Herts Jazz and Mostly Comedy have an excellent track record of attracting a great mix of top names and up-and-coming acts and they can be assured of a warm welcome from the Maltings team and audiences.”