Regular jazz and comedy nights coming to St Albans theatre
- Credit: Archant
Regular jazz and comedy nights are coming to a St Albans venue.
The Maltings Arts Theatre is set to host two new regular nights of jazz and comedy, starting next month.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will be laughing all the way from Hitchin to St Albans with their comedy club, Mostly Comedy.
Starting on Thursday, May 3, the duo will be hosting Olivier Award-nominated comedian Arthur Smith and Radio 2 regular Barry from Watford.
Future line-ups include BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz regular Simon Munnery, character comedy from Alison Thea-Skot and three-times Perrier-nominated Reginald D Hunter and Red Dwarf’s Hattie Hayridge.
Meanwhile, Herts Jazz will be taking up residence every Tuesday evening at the Maltings, having left their Sunday night home of seven years in Welwyn Garden City.
The first Herts Jazz gig in St Albans will take place on Tuesday, April 3 with international jazz star Scott Hamilton.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 7 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 8 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
OVO artistic director Adam Nichols said: “I’m delighted that we are creating an even more diverse programme with the addition of regular jazz and comedy nights.
“Herts Jazz and Mostly Comedy have an excellent track record of attracting a great mix of top names and up-and-coming acts and they can be assured of a warm welcome from the Maltings team and audiences.”