Regular jazz and comedy nights coming to St Albans theatre
- Credit: Archant
Regular jazz and comedy nights are coming to a St Albans venue.
The Maltings Arts Theatre is set to host two new regular nights of jazz and comedy, starting next month.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will be laughing all the way from Hitchin to St Albans with their comedy club, Mostly Comedy.
Starting on Thursday, May 3, the duo will be hosting Olivier Award-nominated comedian Arthur Smith and Radio 2 regular Barry from Watford.
Future line-ups include BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz regular Simon Munnery, character comedy from Alison Thea-Skot and three-times Perrier-nominated Reginald D Hunter and Red Dwarf’s Hattie Hayridge.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Herts Jazz will be taking up residence every Tuesday evening at the Maltings, having left their Sunday night home of seven years in Welwyn Garden City.
The first Herts Jazz gig in St Albans will take place on Tuesday, April 3 with international jazz star Scott Hamilton.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
OVO artistic director Adam Nichols said: “I’m delighted that we are creating an even more diverse programme with the addition of regular jazz and comedy nights.
“Herts Jazz and Mostly Comedy have an excellent track record of attracting a great mix of top names and up-and-coming acts and they can be assured of a warm welcome from the Maltings team and audiences.”