Mornington Lockett Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
THE Mornington Lockett Quartet plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Mornington has performed and recorded with a multitude of top names here and internationally including Ronnie Scott, Stan Tracey, Don Weller and Sarah Jane Morris.
He began playing clarinet at age 14 before switching to tenor saxophone.
He has a powerhouse reputation on his instrument and is noted not only for his technical abilities but also his musical invention.
Joining Mornington on saxes will be John Critchinson, piano, Paul Morgan, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are £5 for students and under-21s; £11 in advance http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans