Mornington Lockett Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
THE Mornington Lockett Quartet plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Mornington has performed and recorded with a multitude of top names here and internationally including Ronnie Scott, Stan Tracey, Don Weller and Sarah Jane Morris.
He began playing clarinet at age 14 before switching to tenor saxophone.
He has a powerhouse reputation on his instrument and is noted not only for his technical abilities but also his musical invention.
Joining Mornington on saxes will be John Critchinson, piano, Paul Morgan, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are £5 for students and under-21s; £11 in advance http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved