Miss England hopeful joins the Harpenden pantomime cast
- Credit: Archant
A Miss England hopeful has joined the Harpenden pantomime cast for this year’s production of Dick Whittington.
Teenage Miss Cambridgeshire 2016 winner Alissa King-Underwood will play the part of Alice Fitzwarren in Dick Whittington at Harpenden Public Halls this December.
Alissa was one of the youngest contestants to reach the final in Miss England at only 17, and she is now hoping to wow the audiences in Harpenden with her singing and acting.
She is no stranger to the stage, having appeared in a number of amateur productions in St Neots, her home town.
Alissa is really excited to be joining the panto cast.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I really want to get into TV and acting – it’s something I am passionate about.”
Pantomime producer Chris Law said: “Alissa is going to be fantastic.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
“She is a great singer and is really going to add a touch of glamour. More so than last year’s Ugly Sisters!”
Alissa joins Jen Pringle from Channel 5’s Milkshake (as Fairy Bowbells), Luke Roberts from TVs Hi-5 (as Idle Jack) and Ernie Almond from BBC Three Counties radio (as Sultan).
The family pantomime will run from Saturday, December 9 to Friday, December 22 and promises to be another spectacular magical show.
• Tickets are available from Harpenden Public Halls on 01582767525 or www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk