Mirth, muscles and the Ministry at Alban Arena this week
- Credit: Archant
An explosive show launches another week strong on comedy at the Alban Arena.
Ministry of Science Live, which can be seen at 6.30pm next Tuesday, October 18, promises to be more than just an ordinary science show featuring, as it does, a hovercraft being built on stage and a human cannon.
From the creative team behind Brainiac Live and other explosive science shows, the new production takes an anarchic approach to science communication while looking at the inventors and engineers who have shaped and inspired the modern world.
Tickets are £12.50 for under 16s, £14.50 for adults and £48 for families, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
TV comedian Josh Widdicombe arrives at the Arena as part of his new tour next Thursday, October 20.
Since he was last on tour Josh’s Channel 4 show The Last Leg hasd been nominated for various awards including a British Comedy Award and a Broadcast Award, while finally winning one of the Royal Television Society Awards.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been seen on BBC2’s Insert Name Here, Mock the Week, QI, BBC1’s Michael McIntyre’s BIG Show, Live at the Apollo and Have I Got News for You. He is now the host of BBC5Live’s Saturday morning sport show Fighting Talk and The Josh Widdicombe Show on Xfm.
His own sitcom Josh, which he has written and stars in, will be broadcast on BBC3 shortly.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Although he has been away from stand-up, he has still found plenty of things to get annoyed about and he will air them at the show which begins at 8pm.
Tickets are £18.
The comedy continues when Mark Watson comes to the Arena at 8pm next Saturday, October 22.
A multi-award-winning star of numerous TV shows including Dave’s Road to Rio, BBC’s We Need Answers, Live At The Apollo, Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You as well as his BBC Radio 4 series Mark Watson Makes The World Substantially Better and Mark Watson Talks A Bit About Life, the live show is a follow up to Flaws.
A seemingly minor problem at an airport is the starting point for a spiralling examination of identity in the digital age and search for meaning in our lives.
Tickets are £17.
The Miami Pro Universe Championship, with top models and athletes competing for the title, is being held at the Arena at 2.30pm next Sunday, October 23.
Categories include Fitness Model, Muscle Model, Ms Bikini, Figure, Junior and Over 35s categories and much more.
Tickets are £31.
* Psychic Sally Morgan returns to the Arena with her new show celebrating eight years on the road at 7.30pm next Friday, October 21. Tickets are £24.50.