Minden Band of the Queen’s Division to play at a spectacular 90th anniversary tattoo in aid of the Poppy Appeal
A SPECTACULAR Band Tattoo is to be held on September 25 to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion.
Topping the bill will be The Minden Band of the Queen’s Division; other bands and performers will include The Romford Drum & Trumpet Corps, Sutherland Pipes and Drums and Peterborough Highland Pipeband.
The 90th Anniversary Band Tattoo will be held at The Camp in Wood Lane at Ramsey, gates open at 10.30am.
The colourful entertainment will also include a rifles re-enactment display and Scottish country dancing; and there will be a licensed bar, food stalls and trade stands.
The day promises to be a spectacle to remember and the Royal British Legion is urging the public to support the event, raising money for the Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The main event begins at 1.30pm with the entrance of the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, The Minden Band and Royal British Legion and Ex-Service Association Standards.
Tickets can be pre-booked at the Cambridge Box office on 01223 357851 and cost �10 (covered seats) �7.50 and �5 for concessions or you can turn up on the day. There are a limited number of covered seats in the marquee so you are advised to book if you want to be assured of one.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
For information about the Legion, its work, the Poppy Appeal and how to get involved, visit www.poppy.org.uk or call Adele Richmond, Community Fundraiser on 01480 432753.