Minden Band of the Queen’s Division to play at a spectacular 90th anniversary tattoo in aid of the Poppy Appeal
A SPECTACULAR Band Tattoo is to be held on September 25 to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion.
Topping the bill will be The Minden Band of the Queen’s Division; other bands and performers will include The Romford Drum & Trumpet Corps, Sutherland Pipes and Drums and Peterborough Highland Pipeband.
The 90th Anniversary Band Tattoo will be held at The Camp in Wood Lane at Ramsey, gates open at 10.30am.
The colourful entertainment will also include a rifles re-enactment display and Scottish country dancing; and there will be a licensed bar, food stalls and trade stands.
The day promises to be a spectacle to remember and the Royal British Legion is urging the public to support the event, raising money for the Poppy Appeal.
The main event begins at 1.30pm with the entrance of the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, The Minden Band and Royal British Legion and Ex-Service Association Standards.
Tickets can be pre-booked at the Cambridge Box office on 01223 357851 and cost �10 (covered seats) �7.50 and �5 for concessions or you can turn up on the day. There are a limited number of covered seats in the marquee so you are advised to book if you want to be assured of one.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
For information about the Legion, its work, the Poppy Appeal and how to get involved, visit www.poppy.org.uk or call Adele Richmond, Community Fundraiser on 01480 432753.