Minden Band of the Queen’s Division to play at a spectacular 90th anniversary tattoo in aid of the Poppy Appeal
A SPECTACULAR Band Tattoo is to be held on September 25 to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion.
Topping the bill will be The Minden Band of the Queen’s Division; other bands and performers will include The Romford Drum & Trumpet Corps, Sutherland Pipes and Drums and Peterborough Highland Pipeband.
The 90th Anniversary Band Tattoo will be held at The Camp in Wood Lane at Ramsey, gates open at 10.30am.
The colourful entertainment will also include a rifles re-enactment display and Scottish country dancing; and there will be a licensed bar, food stalls and trade stands.
The day promises to be a spectacle to remember and the Royal British Legion is urging the public to support the event, raising money for the Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The main event begins at 1.30pm with the entrance of the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, The Minden Band and Royal British Legion and Ex-Service Association Standards.
Tickets can be pre-booked at the Cambridge Box office on 01223 357851 and cost �10 (covered seats) �7.50 and �5 for concessions or you can turn up on the day. There are a limited number of covered seats in the marquee so you are advised to book if you want to be assured of one.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
For information about the Legion, its work, the Poppy Appeal and how to get involved, visit www.poppy.org.uk or call Adele Richmond, Community Fundraiser on 01480 432753.