Midsummer music festival at Gustard Wood pub
- Credit: Archant
Two local musicians and a group of pub regulars are drumming up support for Gustard Woodstock - a charity midsummer music festival next Saturday, June 18.
Keith Parker and John Blain from bands the Untouchables and Wrong Direction are headlining the festival at the Cross Keys pub in Gustard Wood, which will also feature a hog roast, real ale festival and children’s football competition.
The Untouchables play Chicago-style blues and drummer John Blain and his band Wrong Direction play 70s rock, featuring songs from Bad Company, Robert Palmer and Whitesnake amongst others.
A third band, Beans and Biscuits, play country rock and event organisers are looking for a young local band to complete the line-up. Anyone wanting to play should call Paul Bishop on 07973 237162.
The festival starts at 4pm and tickets, at £10 each, with accompanied children free, are available from the pub on 01582 832165.
All proceeds go to HAD, the Herts charity that helps older and disabled people maintain their independence.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time