Mick Hutton at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
ONE of the UK’s most prominent bassists, Mick Hutton, is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, June 16.
He has been active on the London jazz scene since 1981 in a wide variety of settings as a sideman with the likes of Humphrey Lyttelton, Nigel Kennedy, Jim Mullen, Don Weller and Bobby Wellins and has also led his own bands for over 20 years.
After being forced to give up playing the acoustic bass for several years due to problems with his hand he is playing again.
The music for the gig at the club which meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, will include tunes by Duke Ellington and Charles Mingus.
Playing with Mick will be Ben Castle on tenor sax. Ben has played and recorded with a huge array of artists including Duke Special, Radiohead, Quincy Jones, Amy Winehouse, Humphrey Lyttelton, Paloma Faith, Matthew Herbert, Guillemots, Sting, Jools Holland and Dizzee Rascal. Completing the quartet is Mark Edwards, piano, and Paul Robinson, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £5 for students and under-21s, £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser