Mick Hutton at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
ONE of the UK’s most prominent bassists, Mick Hutton, is playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, June 16.
He has been active on the London jazz scene since 1981 in a wide variety of settings as a sideman with the likes of Humphrey Lyttelton, Nigel Kennedy, Jim Mullen, Don Weller and Bobby Wellins and has also led his own bands for over 20 years.
After being forced to give up playing the acoustic bass for several years due to problems with his hand he is playing again.
The music for the gig at the club which meets at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, will include tunes by Duke Ellington and Charles Mingus.
Playing with Mick will be Ben Castle on tenor sax. Ben has played and recorded with a huge array of artists including Duke Special, Radiohead, Quincy Jones, Amy Winehouse, Humphrey Lyttelton, Paloma Faith, Matthew Herbert, Guillemots, Sting, Jools Holland and Dizzee Rascal. Completing the quartet is Mark Edwards, piano, and Paul Robinson, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £5 for students and under-21s, £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans