Michaela Strachan going wild at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
WITH half term holidays fast approaching, the Alban Arena is gearing up to host Michaela Strachan’s Really Wild Adventures. At 2pm on Tuesday, February 19, Michaela will take families on a journey through an alphabet jungle of animal rhymes.
From antelopes to zebras, from orphaned orangutans to polar bear dentistry, it is a whistle stop interactive show full of poetry, puppetry, music and lots of wildlife facts.
Audience members will be invited on stage to explore a particular snake’s particularly horrid habit, a lucky Dad gets to play a polar bear and everyone gets to join in Animal Pop Idol.
Michaela has been an almost constant presence on TV for 25 years, from her early appearances in The Wide Awake Club, the long running The Really Wild Show and more recently on Springwatch and Autumnwatch.
She is an energetic supporter of a number of wildlife and children’s charities and her illustrated book of poetry for children, on which the show is based, is about to be published in paperback.
You may also want to watch:
The show is suitable for children aged three to eight and tickets are £12 for adults, and £30 for a family ticket for two adults and two children, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier