Michaela Strachan going wild at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
WITH half term holidays fast approaching, the Alban Arena is gearing up to host Michaela Strachan’s Really Wild Adventures. At 2pm on Tuesday, February 19, Michaela will take families on a journey through an alphabet jungle of animal rhymes.
From antelopes to zebras, from orphaned orangutans to polar bear dentistry, it is a whistle stop interactive show full of poetry, puppetry, music and lots of wildlife facts.
Audience members will be invited on stage to explore a particular snake’s particularly horrid habit, a lucky Dad gets to play a polar bear and everyone gets to join in Animal Pop Idol.
Michaela has been an almost constant presence on TV for 25 years, from her early appearances in The Wide Awake Club, the long running The Really Wild Show and more recently on Springwatch and Autumnwatch.
She is an energetic supporter of a number of wildlife and children’s charities and her illustrated book of poetry for children, on which the show is based, is about to be published in paperback.
You may also want to watch:
The show is suitable for children aged three to eight and tickets are £12 for adults, and £30 for a family ticket for two adults and two children, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25