Michael Portillo is in the spotlight at the Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Ex Tory grandee Michael Portillo will talk about politics and life after the House of Commons when he appears at the Radlett Centre next Friday, October 14.
It took him more than a decade to get a seat in the Commons and during his political career, he was a Defence Secretary and Shadow Chancellor as well as Deputy Leader of his party.
But since standing down from politics in 2005, he has made a name for himself in the media, hosting several programmes about railways as well as taking on life as a single mum and dealing with the death of a school friend.
Michael is a historian at heart and will tell his story before answering questions when he comes on stage at 7.30pm.
Vienna Festival Ballet are putting on Snow White at the theatre from 2.30pm next Saturday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
Based on the traditional Grimm brothers’ story, this ballet incorporates all the usual elements as well as hip-hopping dwarves who help Snow White find her Prince Charming.
The Ronnie Scott Story telling the story of London’s world-famous jazz club comes to the Radlett Centre stage at 7.30pm next Sunday, October 16.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
It combines jazz from the Ronnie Scott’s All Stars with narration and rare archive photos and video footage in a visual and musical celerating of the club.
Tickets and further information can be found by calling the box office on 01923 859291.