Michael Portillo is in the spotlight at the Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Ex Tory grandee Michael Portillo will talk about politics and life after the House of Commons when he appears at the Radlett Centre next Friday, October 14.
It took him more than a decade to get a seat in the Commons and during his political career, he was a Defence Secretary and Shadow Chancellor as well as Deputy Leader of his party.
But since standing down from politics in 2005, he has made a name for himself in the media, hosting several programmes about railways as well as taking on life as a single mum and dealing with the death of a school friend.
Michael is a historian at heart and will tell his story before answering questions when he comes on stage at 7.30pm.
Vienna Festival Ballet are putting on Snow White at the theatre from 2.30pm next Saturday, October 15.
Based on the traditional Grimm brothers’ story, this ballet incorporates all the usual elements as well as hip-hopping dwarves who help Snow White find her Prince Charming.
The Ronnie Scott Story telling the story of London’s world-famous jazz club comes to the Radlett Centre stage at 7.30pm next Sunday, October 16.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 8 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 9 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
It combines jazz from the Ronnie Scott’s All Stars with narration and rare archive photos and video footage in a visual and musical celerating of the club.
Tickets and further information can be found by calling the box office on 01923 859291.