Michael Portillo is in the spotlight at the Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Ex Tory grandee Michael Portillo will talk about politics and life after the House of Commons when he appears at the Radlett Centre next Friday, October 14.
It took him more than a decade to get a seat in the Commons and during his political career, he was a Defence Secretary and Shadow Chancellor as well as Deputy Leader of his party.
But since standing down from politics in 2005, he has made a name for himself in the media, hosting several programmes about railways as well as taking on life as a single mum and dealing with the death of a school friend.
Michael is a historian at heart and will tell his story before answering questions when he comes on stage at 7.30pm.
Vienna Festival Ballet are putting on Snow White at the theatre from 2.30pm next Saturday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
Based on the traditional Grimm brothers’ story, this ballet incorporates all the usual elements as well as hip-hopping dwarves who help Snow White find her Prince Charming.
The Ronnie Scott Story telling the story of London’s world-famous jazz club comes to the Radlett Centre stage at 7.30pm next Sunday, October 16.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
It combines jazz from the Ronnie Scott’s All Stars with narration and rare archive photos and video footage in a visual and musical celerating of the club.
Tickets and further information can be found by calling the box office on 01923 859291.