Mendelssohn for Radlett Music Society
- Credit: Archant
Mendelssohn is at the heart of a lecture recital to Radlett Music Club next Tuesday, October 21.
It is being given at 8pm in The Radlett Centre by David Owen Norris who examines the rhetorical musical, language of the composer’s Songs Without Words and its secret syntax.
David is a pianist, broadcaster and composer whose oratorio Prayerbook will appear on CD in November. His latest piano solo CD received a double five-star review in BBC Music Magazine and he is currently working on an iPad app for Beethoven’s 9th Symphony.
His work as a concert pianist has taken him round the world for 40 years
The admission charge for non members at the door is £14 and entry is free for young people aged from eight to 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be found at the Radlett Music Club website http://www.radlett-music-club.co.uk/
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park