Mendelssohn for Radlett Music Society
- Credit: Archant
Mendelssohn is at the heart of a lecture recital to Radlett Music Club next Tuesday, October 21.
It is being given at 8pm in The Radlett Centre by David Owen Norris who examines the rhetorical musical, language of the composer’s Songs Without Words and its secret syntax.
David is a pianist, broadcaster and composer whose oratorio Prayerbook will appear on CD in November. His latest piano solo CD received a double five-star review in BBC Music Magazine and he is currently working on an iPad app for Beethoven’s 9th Symphony.
His work as a concert pianist has taken him round the world for 40 years
The admission charge for non members at the door is £14 and entry is free for young people aged from eight to 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be found at the Radlett Music Club website http://www.radlett-music-club.co.uk/
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images