Meet the residents of London Road
- Credit: Archant
The film adaptation of the National Theatre’s smash hit musical London Road (15) is being screened at the Alban Arena this week.
Hailed as a remarkable and ground breaking work during two sell-out runs at the National Theatre, the feature film adaptation of London Road reunites the original award-winning team, with a script by Alecky Blythe and music by Adam Cork, and directed by Rufus Norris.
With an ensemble cast that includes Olivia Colman, Kate Fleetwood, Anita Dobson and Tom Hardy, London Road documents the events that shook Suffolk in 2006, when the quiet rural town of Ipswich was torn apart by the discovery of the bodies of five women.
The film follows the community who found themselves at the centre of these tragic events, and is based on interviews conducted with the road’s real residents.
Using their own words set to an innovative musical score, London Road is a moving tale of ordinary people coming together during the darkest of times.
You may also want to watch:
Screenings are on Wednesday at 1.30pm and 7.30pm and Thursday at 7.30pm. Tickets for film matinees are £5 and for evenings are £7 or £5 for concessions. Call the box office on 01727 844488 for tickets.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award