Knights ride into Knebworth Park for medieval jousting this Easter
- Credit: Rob Ryder Knebworth Park Photography
Medieval jousting returns to Knebworth House this Easter to thrill visitors to the Hertfordshire stately home.
The turrets and towers of Knebworth House will provide a spectacular backdrop to the action on Easter Sunday, April 1 and Easter Monday, April 2.
There are two scheduled jousting displays on both days, at 12.30pm and 2.30pm (weather dependant), with costumed knights on majestic warhorses galloping at full tilt across the arena in a fantastic display of horsemanship.
The Knights of Arkley will be demonstrating their skill in hand-to-hand combat to the delight of the crowds who are encouraged to cheer and jeer their favourites.
Come dressed for the occasion, or there’s a wide range of children’s jousting gear for sale in Knebworth’s lovely gift shop.
You may also want to watch:
The jousting is included in the Knebworth Park & Gardens admission price.
For more family fun, the Green Dragon Bowmen Archery Club, who are based at Knebworth Park, will be offering visitors the chance to try some archery, £2 for 6 arrows. Full instruction will be given.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
Knebworth Park admission tickets cost £9.50 per person, or a group of four can purchase a family ticket for £34.
You can save 10 per cent by booking your admission tickets online via the Knebworth House website.
Park and Gardens entry is free for season ticket holders and children under-three.
Entry to the Park, Gardens, Adventure Playground and Dinosaur Trail is included with the price of entry.
Knebworth House tickets can be purchased at a supplement of £3.50 for adults, and £3 for senior citizens / children.
• For more information, or to buy tickets, visit www.knebworthhouse.com or phone the Estate Office on 01438 812661.