Mayhem in paradise
mayhem in paradise Burnout: Paradise Format: Xbox 360 Price: £39.95 WHEN it comes to racing games the Burnout series has always been associated with fun and mayhem rather than serious driving and Paradise is no exception. Once you get past the lengthy ope
mayhem in paradise
Format: Xbox 360
You may also want to watch:
WHEN it comes to racing games the Burnout series has always been associated with fun and mayhem rather than serious driving and Paradise is no exception. Once you get past the lengthy opening load screens, it is all action.
Unlike previous Burnout games, it is set in the expansive metropolis of Paradise. This is a fantastically-crafted map where no two roads look alike and interactive short cuts can be found in abundance. There isn't really a plot as such but then that has never really been an issue previously. Instead, Paradise utilises a licence system in much the same way as Gran Turismo but in this instance you gain licence points by winning events.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The events vary from standard races across town to stunt races and even marked-man races where you must reach a certain destination before you are run off the road. Thankfully the events are excellent fun and no two races are the same. The beauty of this version of Burnout is that you can play for weeks and only scratch the surface of the Paradise Map. Further to this there is a stunning array of cars to choose from and 101 ways to completely destroy them. The graphics have also received a touch-up and are now so good that it can be fairly terrifying to see the damage which occurs in a high-speed collision.
A fantastic game which takes the series to its next logical step.