Martin Speake Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Martin Speake Quartet play Herts Jazz Club at 7.45pm this Sunday, June 3.
Martin leads a broad range of groups and continues to be influenced by many musicians and styles of music. Apart from these projects of his own, Martin has also performed with Paul Motian, Bobo Stenson, Loose Tubes, Stan Tracey, Django Bates, Airto Moreira and Flora Purim among others.
He is saxophone professor and contemporary music co-ordinator on the Royal Academy of Music Jazz Course and saxophone teacher at Middlesex University. He has also composed music for the Associated Board jazz piano syllabus and a solo saxophone piece for Faber Music.
His major influences include Lee Konitz, Charlie Parker, Warne Marsh, Bill Evans, Ornette Coleman, Steve Coleman, Rabih Abou Khalil, and Paul Motian.
Joining Martin will be Barry Green on piano, Dave Green, bass and Jeff Williams, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, are �11 online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall