Mark Walker headlines Havana comedy club in St Albans
BELLY laughs aplenty are on offer at Havana, in Victoria Street, St Albans, next Thursday when three top comics take to the stage.
Headline act Mark Walker, the son of Catchphrase’s Roy Walker, bounds into St Albans with his vocally and physically dynamic performances, which combine the everyday with the surreal.
The Irish comic now lives in London but formerly resided in the North where he fronted a pub rock band by night and worked as a pebble dasher by day in Grimsby.
Having enjoyed two sellout Fringe festivals in Edinburgh, and guest appearances on all of the major UK TV channels, he’s regarded as one of the top comics on the circuit.
Bafta nominee and BIMA award winner Michael Legge MCs the evening. The comic is thought to be one of the most sought-after hosts on the comedy circuit and has hosted the backroom chat for MTV’s European Music Awards for two years running. He will guide the audience through an evening that also sees Jeremy O’Donnell open the event.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �10 in advance and �12.50 on the night. Doors open at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm, with a disco running until late. To find out more visit www.havanastalbans.co.uk or call 01727 862456. Over 18s only.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital