Making it big at the Radlett Centre with Five Star Swing
- Credit: Archant
Radlett musician Chris Smith performs his Big Band show in his home theatre this Sunday. (17)
As part of Five Star Swing’s national Poppy Appeal Tour which started at London’s Leicester Square Theatre, the band is performing at the Radlett Centre.
The show promises an evening of vintage swing, featuring classic songs from Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller and many more, performed by Five Star Swing’s multi-instrumentalists and singers.
Chris, son of Frank Sinatra’s trombonist, Chris Smith Snr, has composed and arranged music for the BBC Radio Big Band and a former composer for Herb Miller Big Band.
Along with Tony Bennett’s trombonists, the show also features vocalist and saxophonist Simone, who was taught to play alto saxophone in the 1970s by the famous bandleader Ivy Benson, whom she subsequently performed with.
You may also want to watch:
Chris said: “Fans have enjoyed this “feel-good” style of music for generations - following our extensive UK tour I’m excited to be bringing the sound of our big band brass, saxes, rhythm and vocalists back home.”
Tickets from £16 are available from here or 01923 859291.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans