Making it big at the Radlett Centre with Five Star Swing
- Credit: Archant
Radlett musician Chris Smith performs his Big Band show in his home theatre this Sunday. (17)
As part of Five Star Swing’s national Poppy Appeal Tour which started at London’s Leicester Square Theatre, the band is performing at the Radlett Centre.
The show promises an evening of vintage swing, featuring classic songs from Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller and many more, performed by Five Star Swing’s multi-instrumentalists and singers.
Chris, son of Frank Sinatra’s trombonist, Chris Smith Snr, has composed and arranged music for the BBC Radio Big Band and a former composer for Herb Miller Big Band.
Along with Tony Bennett’s trombonists, the show also features vocalist and saxophonist Simone, who was taught to play alto saxophone in the 1970s by the famous bandleader Ivy Benson, whom she subsequently performed with.
You may also want to watch:
Chris said: “Fans have enjoyed this “feel-good” style of music for generations - following our extensive UK tour I’m excited to be bringing the sound of our big band brass, saxes, rhythm and vocalists back home.”
Tickets from £16 are available from here or 01923 859291.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire