Making a mark at Havana Club, St Albans
PLENTY of fireworks are expected when the Havana in St Albans hosts its monthly comedy club next Thursday, Bonfire Night. (5) The headline act is Mark Walker – the son of Roy Walker of Catchphrase fame. Born in Ireland, the nomadic former pebble dasher an
PLENTY of fireworks are expected when the Havana in St Albans hosts its monthly comedy club next Thursday, Bonfire Night. (5)
The headline act is Mark Walker - the son of Roy Walker of Catchphrase fame. Born in Ireland, the nomadic former pebble dasher and pub-rock singer found himself in Grimsby before being converted to the world of comedy.
As a straight actor, he has appeared in Starlight Express and Heavenly Bodies while wearing his comic hat, he has enjoyed two sell-out series at Edinburgh and various guest appearances on TV.
Opening the evening will be Chris McCausland who got plenty of background for his act from his three and a half years in a call centre trying to sell employment law manuals to people who all seemed to have faulty phones and cut him off.
You may also want to watch:
It was enough to convince him to switch to being a stand-up comedian who can be seen on Sky One's Abnormally Funny People.
MC is Tom Price who interacts warmly with the audience and has the ability to think on his feet and work the crowd. His TV profile is getting bigger by the day and he is expected to become a household name in the very near future.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
Tickets for the evening are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.hahaheehee.com and �12.50 on the door. The comedy gets underway at 9pm.