Talented teenage pianist returns for lunchtime concert at St Peter's Church in St Albans
- Credit: St Peter's Church
There's another free lunchtime concert in a St Albans city centre church next week, this time featuring a talented teenage pianist and cellist.
A recital by Ivan Rodriguez Deb, with accompanist Natalie Bleicher, can be enjoyed at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, June 23, with donations in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
The young musician's programme will include works by J.S. Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Telemann, Rachmaninoff and Fauré.
Fifteen-year-old Ivan began playing the piano at the age of eight at Watford School of Music. Besides being a passionate pianist, Ivan also plays the cello.
He has gained some invaluable experience from performing in many different places including the Royal Albert Hall, St John’s Church in Waterloo, St Paul’s School in Barnes, and The Barbican in January 2020 as a member of the London Schools Symphony Orchestra.
His last public performance was at St Peter’s Church in February 2020, just before the pandemic.
Other achievements include being invited to be mentored and perform with members of the London Philharmonic Orchestra in their Junior Artists Overture Programme and becoming a member of the NYO’s Inspire programme.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
Ivan is also supported by Revd Rosemary Fletcher of Marlborough Church in St Albans, who has kindly allowed Ivan to borrow her beautiful cello and promoted him as a musician.
Wednesday lunchtime recitals start at 1pm.
To sign up visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts