Louis opens St Albans International Organ Festival series
LOUIS Robilliard will be giving the first concert in the International Organ Festival Society’s Series for 2010/2011 in St Albans Abbey next Saturday, September 11.
Titular organist of the historic Cavaille-Coll organ in the church of St Francois de Sales, Lyon, he gives concerts worldwide as both organ soloist and teacher.
His numerous recordings have been unanimously praised by critics and he has recently been awarded the Diapason d’Or for his interpretation of the works of Charles-Marie Widor.
His interest in both organ building and the conservation of historic instruments resulted in his appointment from 1976-86 to the French National Committee for the Protection of Historic Monuments.
During that period he classified over 50 instruments and was responsible for several large restorations of organs in the region of the Rhone-Alpes.
You may also want to watch:
At the heart of his repertoire as an interpreter, transcriber and improviser, Louis has a particular interest in the music of the 19th and 20th centuries. The programme he has chosen for the concert includes music by Bach, Brahms, Widor and Liszt, transcribed by himself.
Admission to the concert, which begins at 5.30pm, is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. The audience will have an opportunity to meet the soloist once it is finished.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
Full details of all the concerts in the series can be found at www.organfestival.com