Looking for Liz
- Credit: Archant
Historical seamstress Gillian Stapleton is returning to St Albans tomorrow evening (7) for another of her costume-in-context presentations.
Previously Gillian has presented the popular Jane Austen’s Christmas and Jane Eyre events and this time she is going In Search of Elizabeth Bennet.
She will consider the thoughts of the actresses who have played Elizabeth Bennet, designers who have costumed her and writers who have scripted her in a bid to peel back the layers of history to reveal the young woman that Jane Austen imagined.
Highlights will include two complete replica outfits, original Georgian fashion plates and the stylish redingote.
The presentation is being held at 7.15pm in St Albans Town Hall and tickets are £12 (£8 students), available at both museums in the city on 01727 751810 or the Tourist and Information Centre (01727 864511) in Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
Profits from the event will go to support the renaissance: St Albans project to create a new museum and gallery in the Grade II listed Town Hall.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common