Looking for Liz
- Credit: Archant
Historical seamstress Gillian Stapleton is returning to St Albans tomorrow evening (7) for another of her costume-in-context presentations.
Previously Gillian has presented the popular Jane Austen’s Christmas and Jane Eyre events and this time she is going In Search of Elizabeth Bennet.
She will consider the thoughts of the actresses who have played Elizabeth Bennet, designers who have costumed her and writers who have scripted her in a bid to peel back the layers of history to reveal the young woman that Jane Austen imagined.
Highlights will include two complete replica outfits, original Georgian fashion plates and the stylish redingote.
The presentation is being held at 7.15pm in St Albans Town Hall and tickets are £12 (£8 students), available at both museums in the city on 01727 751810 or the Tourist and Information Centre (01727 864511) in Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
Profits from the event will go to support the renaissance: St Albans project to create a new museum and gallery in the Grade II listed Town Hall.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works