Looking for Liz
- Credit: Archant
Historical seamstress Gillian Stapleton is returning to St Albans tomorrow evening (7) for another of her costume-in-context presentations.
Previously Gillian has presented the popular Jane Austen’s Christmas and Jane Eyre events and this time she is going In Search of Elizabeth Bennet.
She will consider the thoughts of the actresses who have played Elizabeth Bennet, designers who have costumed her and writers who have scripted her in a bid to peel back the layers of history to reveal the young woman that Jane Austen imagined.
Highlights will include two complete replica outfits, original Georgian fashion plates and the stylish redingote.
The presentation is being held at 7.15pm in St Albans Town Hall and tickets are £12 (£8 students), available at both museums in the city on 01727 751810 or the Tourist and Information Centre (01727 864511) in Market Place.
Profits from the event will go to support the renaissance: St Albans project to create a new museum and gallery in the Grade II listed Town Hall.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary