Lone commuter impresses judge
- Credit: Archant
Two photographs taken by members of a local camera club have so impressed a competition judge that he has singled them out for particular praise.
Dave Hipperson, who is the publicity officer for Park Street Camera Club is also a competition judge for more than 50 clubs in the Chiltern Association of Camera Clubs.
And this year it is two of the photos from his home club which have made a really lasting impression on him - Lonely Commuter by Fiona Gurr and Waiting for the Guests by John Woodworth.
Lonely Commuter portrays a rare moment of peace and tranquillity at St Pancras Station with a clever use of reflection and a lone figure in the centre. Dave described it as, “definitely my all time favourite railway station photo”.
Waiting for Guests shows a perfectly arranged table for eight set off by balanced windows and inviting bottles which Dave describes as so calm and cool that it makes the viewer want to have been there.
You may also want to watch:
Talking of both photos, he added: “Part of their appeal is they are pictures of somewhere. They have been taken to show us a place, a situation just like we all do when we are on holiday.”
Members’ photo galleries, winning photographs and the club’s programme can all be found at www.parkstreetcameraclub.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital