Former London Eye manager takes charge at activity farm
- Credit: Archant
A former manager of the London Eye is to head up a popular leisure attraction in Hertfordshire.
One of the UK’s top tourism bosses will soon be taking the helm at Willows Activity Farm.
Nicola Ratcliffe joins the team at the St Albans attraction after a period of freelance consultancy and will step into the role of chief executive when Andrew Wolfe retires from the post at the end of this month.
Surrey-born Nicola will bring with her a track record of managing and running operations at some of the UK’s top attractions including Chessington World of Adventures, the London Dungeon and the London Eye.
Nicola said: “I’m really looking forward to joining the team and getting to know everyone who works hard to make Willows such a great day out for young families.
“With over 25 years in the industry, and a young family myself, I know what the key ingredients are to make leisure attractions a must-visit destination.
“Willows Activity Farm and the Peter Rabbit™ Adventure Playground are already popular with families and I want to build on that success to take the business forward.”
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Outgoing CEO Andrew Wolfe will remain on the board of directors but is looking forward to handing operational management over to Nicola.
He said: “Nicola’s talent and industry experience are second to none and will be a huge asset to Willows.”
Andrew established Willows Activity Farm with his wife Anna and co-shareholders in 2002.
Since then, his commitment to developing an ever-evolving educational and entertaining leisure attraction has seen Willows go from strength to strength.
It has earned several top awards from the tourism industry, received hundreds of thousands of visitors every year, and expanded in 2016 to include the world’s first Peter Rabbit™ Adventure Playground.
He added: “Nicola’s appointment is a real coup for Willows and we’re thrilled to have her on board to continue the success story we have built up over the last 15 years.”
Willows Activity Farm, situated in Coursers Road, just off the M25 at Junction 22 for London Colney and St Albans, is an all-weather attraction at an all-inclusive price, with indoor and outdoor activities for the whole family.
The Peter Rabbit™ Adventure Playground is always a hit with younger visitors along with Tristan the Runaway Tractor, fairground rides and the Peter Rabbit™ woodland play trail.
Undercover fun includes Cotton-tail Village, the Farmyard and Woolly Jumpers soft play area.
• For more on Willows, visit www.willowsactivityfarm.com