London Colney stage school’s annual St Albans show
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 200 students from a performing arts school will be Centre Stage in a St Albans show next Thursday, May 29.
Members of Excel Performing Arts, which is based at Bowmansgreen School in London Colney, will be putting on their fourth annual show at the Sandpit Theatre in St Albans.
Entitled Centre Stage, it is directed by TV and West End actor, Steven Houghton. His professional career has spanned over 25 years and has seen him perform in more than 15 West End shows, three Royal Variety Performances, nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award and take lead roles in numerous TV series including London’s Burning, Bugs and Coronation Street.
Steven also had a recording contract with Simon Cowell and recorded an album which went gold.
He said: “Being part of a show teaches students commitment, discipline and working in a team. It is also the best fun you can possibly imagine and to have all your family and friends watching you perform on a stage, is a very special magical experience indeed.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven set up Excel Performing Arts in 2009 with Sam Payton, a former professional dancer, and it offers classes in ballet, tap, jazz, musical theatre, drama and singing.
Centre Stage runs from May 29 to June 1 at the SandPit Theatre at Sandringham School on The Ridgeway, St Albans. Further details can be found at 01727 370067, www.sandpittheatre.co.uk or www.excelperformingarts.co.uk
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'