Sunday performance released online by lockdown singing project performers
- Credit: St Albans Musical Theatre
Members of St Albans Musical Theatre Company and other amateur dramatics groups have released a virtual recording.
During lockdown St Albans Musical Theatre Company (SAMTC) invited members of local amateur musical theatre companies to take part in a virtual recording.
Last Sunday saw the release of this online video.
The brainchild of Elise Betts, 76 singers from theatre companies around Hertfordshire and beyond sang a beautiful rendition of Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George by Stephen Sondheim.
With musical direction by Clive Ogden and recorded individually at home, it shows the joy and fun in singing and reinforces the importance of the arts in our lives.
You may also want to watch:
The video can be viewed on YouTube.
If you were entertained and uplifted by it, think about supporting your local theatre or theatre company.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
Many have patron schemes and fundraising initiatives which help companies continue to stage high quality productions.
To find out more about the St Albans Musical Theatre Company Patron Scheme, visit www.samtc.org.uk