Sunday performance released online by lockdown singing project performers
- Credit: St Albans Musical Theatre
Members of St Albans Musical Theatre Company and other amateur dramatics groups have released a virtual recording.
During lockdown St Albans Musical Theatre Company (SAMTC) invited members of local amateur musical theatre companies to take part in a virtual recording.
Last Sunday saw the release of this online video.
The brainchild of Elise Betts, 76 singers from theatre companies around Hertfordshire and beyond sang a beautiful rendition of Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George by Stephen Sondheim.
With musical direction by Clive Ogden and recorded individually at home, it shows the joy and fun in singing and reinforces the importance of the arts in our lives.
The video can be viewed on YouTube.
If you were entertained and uplifted by it, think about supporting your local theatre or theatre company.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Many have patron schemes and fundraising initiatives which help companies continue to stage high quality productions.
To find out more about the St Albans Musical Theatre Company Patron Scheme, visit www.samtc.org.uk