Living the Dream in St Albans this summer
- Credit: Archant
SCHOOL’S out for summer and what better way to spend the holidays than performing on stage with a local dance company?
Living the Dream are on the lookout for theatrical youngsters aged between five and 16 to sign up and start rehearsing for their summer showcase at The SandPit Theatre in Marshalswick.
Children and teenagers will have the chance to learn everything from street dance to acting and singing while preparing for the variety performance on Saturday, August 31.
Managing director Zoe Jackson, who set up the company at 16, said: “The whole production is a variety showcase created entirely by young people who want to make a difference through the arts, have fun, grow in talent and confidence and feel empowered to believe in themselves and their dreams.”
She added: “We hope to attract lots of new members to the company this year and do not require previous experience or perfected performing skills – we are just looking for a passion for performing, raw, potential talent and lots of enthusiasm.”
You may also want to watch:
Rehearsals take place at Beaumont School between Tuesday, August 27, and Friday, August 30, and for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07982513590.
n To win one of two free places to the Living a Dream Summer Showcase, simply email email@example.com with a short description as to why you would love to have a free place in the summer show. The best two entries received by the closing date of August 2 will be selected for the free places.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 9 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants must be aged between five and 16 and have parental consent to take part in the show.