Living the Dream in St Albans this summer
- Credit: Archant
SCHOOL’S out for summer and what better way to spend the holidays than performing on stage with a local dance company?
Living the Dream are on the lookout for theatrical youngsters aged between five and 16 to sign up and start rehearsing for their summer showcase at The SandPit Theatre in Marshalswick.
Children and teenagers will have the chance to learn everything from street dance to acting and singing while preparing for the variety performance on Saturday, August 31.
Managing director Zoe Jackson, who set up the company at 16, said: “The whole production is a variety showcase created entirely by young people who want to make a difference through the arts, have fun, grow in talent and confidence and feel empowered to believe in themselves and their dreams.”
She added: “We hope to attract lots of new members to the company this year and do not require previous experience or perfected performing skills – we are just looking for a passion for performing, raw, potential talent and lots of enthusiasm.”
You may also want to watch:
Rehearsals take place at Beaumont School between Tuesday, August 27, and Friday, August 30, and for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07982513590.
n To win one of two free places to the Living a Dream Summer Showcase, simply email email@example.com with a short description as to why you would love to have a free place in the summer show. The best two entries received by the closing date of August 2 will be selected for the free places.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants must be aged between five and 16 and have parental consent to take part in the show.