Living the Dream at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
SPRIGHTLY students from a local performing arts company put in some eggs-tra hours of rehearsal time when they staged a flashmob to drum up interest for their annual Easter showcase.
Living the Dream, a St Albans and Harpenden-based group, were outside the Alban Arena last Saturday giving spectators of a glimpse of what to expect when they appear at the theatre this weekend.
The show, which explores some of the issues and challenges young people face, will feature a variety of dance, singing, acting and live music.
Zoe Jackson, who set up the company when she was just 16 to fund her place at the National Youth Theatre, said: “The show is mainly about being blinded by young people making a difference through the arts and being incredibly talented.
“The students have been working exceptionally hard and it is going to be amazing. I think it will blow people away.”
You may also want to watch:
The showcase for 12 to 25 year olds runs this Saturday at 7.30pm and a children’s show starts at the same time on Sunday.
Tickets are £12 for adults and £8 for concessions available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans