Living the Dream at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
SPRIGHTLY students from a local performing arts company put in some eggs-tra hours of rehearsal time when they staged a flashmob to drum up interest for their annual Easter showcase.
Living the Dream, a St Albans and Harpenden-based group, were outside the Alban Arena last Saturday giving spectators of a glimpse of what to expect when they appear at the theatre this weekend.
The show, which explores some of the issues and challenges young people face, will feature a variety of dance, singing, acting and live music.
Zoe Jackson, who set up the company when she was just 16 to fund her place at the National Youth Theatre, said: “The show is mainly about being blinded by young people making a difference through the arts and being incredibly talented.
“The students have been working exceptionally hard and it is going to be amazing. I think it will blow people away.”
You may also want to watch:
The showcase for 12 to 25 year olds runs this Saturday at 7.30pm and a children’s show starts at the same time on Sunday.
Tickets are £12 for adults and £8 for concessions available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden