Lips are sealed over Arena show
VENTRILOQUIST David Strassman is stopping off for one night at the Alban Arena during a limited tour of the UK. Internationally acclaimed for his originality and injecting the art of ventriloquism with style and satirical bite, Strassman is appearing at 8
VENTRILOQUIST David Strassman is stopping off for one night at the Alban Arena during a limited tour of the UK.
Internationally acclaimed for his originality and injecting the art of ventriloquism with style and satirical bite, Strassman is appearing at 8pm on Thursday, February 28.
He will be joined by favourite and long-standing companions - the foul-mouthed and insolent Chuck Wood and the innocent, irresistible Ted E. Bare.
Strassman has played to millions around the world with sell-out shows in Australia, America and New Zealand. He is a winner of the Edinburgh Fringe Critics' Award for Comedy and acclaimed for his inventiveness in a field sometimes considered inert.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will meet myriad characters including Ted's senile grandfather Fred and Angel, the alluring robot with her fluttering metallic eyelashes.
The first ventriloquist to have his own show in the West End, he promises to keep the audience on the edge of their seat as he and his puppets create a world of wicked humour, power struggles and politically-informed observations.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Tickets are £16.50 and £14.50, available from the box office on 01727 844488.