Lionel on the organ t St Albans church
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed organist Lionel Rogg is putting on a concert at St Saviour s Church in St Albans on Saturday. He first achieved international acclaim performing the works of J S Bach and his recital career has taken him all over the world. His i
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed organist Lionel Rogg is putting on a concert at St Saviour's Church in St Albans on Saturday.
He first achieved international acclaim performing the works of J S Bach and his recital career has taken him all over the world.
His impressive list of recordings includes three versions of Bach's organ works, the complete organ works of Buxtehude and recordings of Liszt and Reger.
For the concert, which starts at 5.30pm, he will be performing works by Bruna, Cabanilles, Gabrieli, Frescobaldi, de Grigny, J S Bach and his own Petite Suite of 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the concerts is free but there will be a retiring collection at each concert in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
At 10am that day, there will be a masterclass on French classical organ music at the church with students from Birmingham Conservatoire, the Royal Academy of Music and Royal College of Music.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Admission to non-members of the organ festival society is �10, payable at the door.