Lionel on the organ t St Albans church
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed organist Lionel Rogg is putting on a concert at St Saviour s Church in St Albans on Saturday. He first achieved international acclaim performing the works of J S Bach and his recital career has taken him all over the world. His i
INTERNATIONALLY-acclaimed organist Lionel Rogg is putting on a concert at St Saviour's Church in St Albans on Saturday.
He first achieved international acclaim performing the works of J S Bach and his recital career has taken him all over the world.
His impressive list of recordings includes three versions of Bach's organ works, the complete organ works of Buxtehude and recordings of Liszt and Reger.
For the concert, which starts at 5.30pm, he will be performing works by Bruna, Cabanilles, Gabrieli, Frescobaldi, de Grigny, J S Bach and his own Petite Suite of 2008.
Admission to the concerts is free but there will be a retiring collection at each concert in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
At 10am that day, there will be a masterclass on French classical organ music at the church with students from Birmingham Conservatoire, the Royal Academy of Music and Royal College of Music.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Admission to non-members of the organ festival society is �10, payable at the door.