Lights, action, costume change at St Albans Gang Show!
- Credit: Archant
DURING the course of the 34th St Albans Gang and Scout Show at the Alban Arena, we have been publishing updates from some of the youngsters involved in the event.
This is my second year of being in St Albans Gang Show and I’m really enjoying this year’s show – which for me, like many of the cast, includes SIX costume changes!
Thursday night’s show was brilliant. I think it was better than Wednesday night because at that show we hadn’t done it before. Also Harpenden Gang Show were watching and they were singing and clapping and got all the audience joining in with them.
My favourite things in this year’s show are the opening when we all run on for the second song, as it’s a really bouncy song after a slow one which I like.
And I also like a sketch that I’m in – I can’t give too much away for people who haven’t seen the show yet - but it’s a take-off of a TV show and I’m a bouncer. The jokes are funny and I really like my costume - who would have thought a bouncer’s costume was so comfortable?
You may also want to watch:
I’m not so nervous for myself this year but I feel more nervous for people who’ve got to sing on their own rather than for myself. We have to keep our eye on the ball – we have a lot to live up to as last year we were described as the best Gang Show in the world.
I’ve found that being in the Gang Show is a really good thing to do. To sum it up in one word – it’s fun!
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines