Lights, action, costume change at St Albans Gang Show!
- Credit: Archant
DURING the course of the 34th St Albans Gang and Scout Show at the Alban Arena, we have been publishing updates from some of the youngsters involved in the event.
This is my second year of being in St Albans Gang Show and I’m really enjoying this year’s show – which for me, like many of the cast, includes SIX costume changes!
Thursday night’s show was brilliant. I think it was better than Wednesday night because at that show we hadn’t done it before. Also Harpenden Gang Show were watching and they were singing and clapping and got all the audience joining in with them.
My favourite things in this year’s show are the opening when we all run on for the second song, as it’s a really bouncy song after a slow one which I like.
And I also like a sketch that I’m in – I can’t give too much away for people who haven’t seen the show yet - but it’s a take-off of a TV show and I’m a bouncer. The jokes are funny and I really like my costume - who would have thought a bouncer’s costume was so comfortable?
I’m not so nervous for myself this year but I feel more nervous for people who’ve got to sing on their own rather than for myself. We have to keep our eye on the ball – we have a lot to live up to as last year we were described as the best Gang Show in the world.
I’ve found that being in the Gang Show is a really good thing to do. To sum it up in one word – it’s fun!
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman