Leonardo DiCaprio and Nicole Kidman movies set for St Albans park
- Credit: Archant
Two Baz Luhrmann movies can be seen under the stars in a St Albans park this summer as The Luna Cinema returns to the city.
Moulin Rouge! (12A) and Romeo + Juliet (12A) will both be screened at Highfield Park in July.
Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor star in 2001 musical Moulin Rouge!, which will be shown on Thursday, July 6.
The film is about a poet Christian (McGregor) who falls for a beautiful courtesan Satine (Kidman) whom a jealous duke covets.
Doors will open at 7.45pm, with the film starting around 9.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
Three weeks later, on Wednesday, July 26, Romeo + Juliet is the evening movie.
Luhrmann’s 1996 adaptation of William Shakespeare’s tragic love story stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes as the “star-crossed lovers”.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
In Romeo + Juliet Shakespeare’s famous play is updated to the hip modern suburb of Verona Beach, but still retaining its original dialogue.
The cast also stars John Leguizamo, who also plays Toulouse-Lautrec Moulin Rouge!, Pete Postlethwaite, Brian Dennehy and Miriam Margolyes.
Doors will open at 7.30pm with the films starting around 9pm.
The performance start time is approximate – it may vary slightly depending on the conditions on the night.
Tickets went on general sale to the public today (Friday, March 31).
• Visit www.thelunacinema.com for more details.