Led Zeppelin tribute and Gilbert and Sullivan at Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
THERE will be a whole lotta rocking at the Alban Arena when tribute band Hats Off To Led Zeppelin return to the city next Saturday, March 23.
Hailed as one of the UK’s greatest tribute acts, the group features Peter Eldridge from the West End production of We Will Rock You, Jack Tanner and Kevin Oliver Jones from the world tour and West End productions of Dancing in the Streets and Thriller Live, and drummer Simon Wicker as the late John Bonham.
They are co-managed by Warren Grant, the son of legendary Led Zeppelin manager, Peter Grant, and are due on stage at 8pm.
Tickets cost £15 and are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
On the previous night, Friday, March 22, a brand-new original production Gilbert & Sullivan Abridged, an evening of parody, wit and song, will take to the Arena stage
It takes the form of a play within a play in which the ‘Scratchy Bottom Wind and Light Opera Society’ have undertaken as a final Hurrah to try to raise some much needed funds following the withdrawal of their Arts Council Grant. To do so, they set out to perform all 14 operettas in one evening!
The show, which starts at 7.30pm, will include excerpts from classics such as Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore and The Mikado, to the more rarely performed works like The Grand Duke.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Tickets are £17.50.