Lea Singers Christmas Concert at Harpenden Public Halls
FESTIVELEA, the Lea Singers popular annual Christmas Concert is being held in Harpenden Public Halls next Thursday, December 13.
The concert provides a festive mix of unaccompanied choral pieces and audience carols, with mulled wine and mince pies at the interval.
This year, the Leas will be joined by the Bold As Brass Ensemble, a dectet of talented young brass players from the Guildhall School of Music whose repertoire ranges from baroque to jazz.
The concert will be conducted by Benjamin Goodson, who took up the Leas’ baton full time in September this year having completed his music degree at Oxford. Ben’s arrival in Harpenden has an element of “local boy made good” as he grew up in Potters Bar.
The Leas’ line-up will have a distinctly youthful look. The choir has three interns this year – talented musicians from local schools who are broadening their musical experience by singing with the choir.
You may also want to watch:
About a third of the choir are in their teens or early twenties (including the conductor) and Bold As Brass are in the same age bracket,
This Christmas, the Lea Singers have chosen to support Harpenden Mencap through a charity raffle.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets are �13 with concessions �12 and under 18s �10, available In advance by phone from Fran Brown on 01582 793845, from Rollings Wine Company, Station Road, Stage Door, Southdown or online from leasingers.co.uk