Layered comedy from Cannelloni at Havana Club, St Albans
THE illusion of magic and the wit of stand up come together when Otiz Cannelloni headlines next week’s Comedy Night at Havana in St Albans.
After various television performances, including The Stand Up Show and Stuff The White Rabbit, his performance is described as fluctuating between sheer genius and downright stupidity.
Opening the comedy evening at the Havana in Victoria Street next Thursday, February 3, are Chambers and Nettleton, a couple of Northern lasses who are the only female double act cutting it on the live comedy circuit.
Fast gaining a reputation for their warmth, infectious charm and caustic wit, their success is not just in live work – a major project with Mediatheme will see them performing recorded performances in over 300 venues nationwide.
MC is Bennett Arron, the only Welsh/Jewish comedian on the circuit who has been described on the one hand as a Welsh Seinfeld and on the other as a cross between the paranoid angst of Max Boyce and the colloquial valley humour of Woody Allen – or is it the other way round!
You may also want to watch:
The show gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from www.havanastalbans.co.uk or 01727 862456 or �12.50 on the door.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'