Layered comedy from Cannelloni at Havana Club, St Albans
THE illusion of magic and the wit of stand up come together when Otiz Cannelloni headlines next week’s Comedy Night at Havana in St Albans.
After various television performances, including The Stand Up Show and Stuff The White Rabbit, his performance is described as fluctuating between sheer genius and downright stupidity.
Opening the comedy evening at the Havana in Victoria Street next Thursday, February 3, are Chambers and Nettleton, a couple of Northern lasses who are the only female double act cutting it on the live comedy circuit.
Fast gaining a reputation for their warmth, infectious charm and caustic wit, their success is not just in live work – a major project with Mediatheme will see them performing recorded performances in over 300 venues nationwide.
MC is Bennett Arron, the only Welsh/Jewish comedian on the circuit who has been described on the one hand as a Welsh Seinfeld and on the other as a cross between the paranoid angst of Max Boyce and the colloquial valley humour of Woody Allen – or is it the other way round!
You may also want to watch:
The show gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from www.havanastalbans.co.uk or 01727 862456 or �12.50 on the door.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years