Laughter on the cards at Havana Club, St Albans
THREE top comedians come together to appear at The Comedy Club at Havana next Thursday evening, October 1. MC for the evening is Michael Legge, who describes himself as, the baby that Ronnie Barker found in his bed-pan in the Christmas special of Porridg
THREE top comedians come together to appear at The Comedy Club at Havana next Thursday evening, October 1.
MC for the evening is Michael Legge, who describes himself as, "the baby that Ronnie Barker found in his bed-pan in the Christmas special of Porridge".
Fast becoming the most sought-after host on the comedy circuit, he has a background in improvisation, stand-up, writing, compering, hosting, acting and TV warm-up work.
He performs all over Britain and beyond including the Irish Republic, Australia, Canada and Dubai.
You may also want to watch:
Opening proceedings will be Steve Best - a self-confessed clown for the new age. Likened to a young Steve Martin, he combines his material with a talent for visual humour and uses all manner of gadgets and gags to keep his audience in stitches.
He has worked with Frank Skinner and Craig Charles on sell-out nationwide tours and appeared with Baddiel and Skinner on their Unplanned live TV show.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Headlining is Rudi Lickwood, the top black comedian on the UK comedy circuit. He hosted the exclusive Brit Awards after-show party in February 2008 and was named in the Black 100+ awards for the greatest black British achievers.
His achievements were recognised in 2004 when he received the prestigious BECA comedy award for outstanding contribution.
The show at Havana in Victoria Street, St Albans, begins at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.hahaheehee.com or �12.50 on the door.