Laughs coming thick and fast at Alban Arena
FEBRUARY marks the start of enough stand-up comedy at the Alban Arena in 2010 to satisfy even the most ardent fan. Appearing next Thursday, February 25, is Stephen K Amos while king of the one-liners Tim Vine takes to the Arena stage just two days later.
FEBRUARY marks the start of enough stand-up comedy at the Alban Arena in 2010 to satisfy even the most ardent fan.
Appearing next Thursday, February 25, is Stephen K Amos while king of the one-liners Tim Vine takes to the Arena stage just two days later.
Still to come during the 2010 season are Dara O'Briain, Sean Lock, Jimmy Carr, Katy Brand, Jim Davidson, John Bishop and Jason Manford.
But for those who prefer the body beautiful there is also a visit from The Chippendales on Sunday, February 28.
You may also want to watch:
Five years after they last appeared and following a sell-out run at the 2009 Edinburgh Festival, the all-new cast are bringing their latest production The Ultimate Girls Night Out to the Arena.
The show promises live music, dancing and audience interaction with the women in the audience, be they 19 or 90.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
The all-American hunks are estimated to perform to at least two million women each year and they come on stage at the Arena at 7.30pm.
Tickets at �22.50 and �20 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Concluding February's film season at the Arena next Wednesday, February 24, is Sherlock Holmes, the new portrayal of Arthur Conan Doyle's most famous character by Guy Ritchie.
Starring Robert Downey Jr as Holmes and Jude Law as Watson, the action and adventure mystery also features Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong and Kelly Reilly.
The film is being shown at 1.30pm and 7.30pm and tickets for the evening performance are �6 with concessions �4 and for the matinee �4 which includes tea and biscuits.
l A concert by Paul Carrack at the Arena next Friday, February 24, is sold out.