Ladyboys, Elvis, Hawkwind and X Factor winner come to the Arena next week
- Credit: Archant
Movie hits to superstar pop favourites provide the musical entertainment as the Ladyboys of Bangkok bring their brand-new show to the Alban Arena next Tuesday, June 14.
The touring cabaret starts at 7.30pm and promises to be both fast and unrelenting.
Tickets are £23 with concessions £21, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Music from an earlier era comes to the Arena the following night, Wednesday, June 15, with The Elvis Years, the story of the King of Rock and Roll
The two-hour production charts the musical and emotional highs and lows of Elvis’s journey from poor truck-driving teenager through the army, Hollywood and finally the legendary Las Vegas concerts.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are £22.
You may also want to watch:
2010 X Factor winner Matt Cardle will perform material from his three Top 10 albums and a preview of songs from his forthcoming LP in an ‘Intimate & Live’ evening at the Arena next Thursday, June 16.
Since winning X Factor, he has gone on to have a number of hits and most recently has played the leading role next to Beverley Knight in London’s Memphis The Musical.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £23.50 and £21.50 with a VIP package at £99.
Veteran rockers Hawkwind bring The Machine Stops tour to the Arena next Friday, June 17.
A live concept show from their new studio album based on E.M. Forster’s dystopian vision, the show at 8pm features music, lights, dance and visual effects.
Tickets are £23.50.