Lady Windermere’s Fan at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
REGULAR audience members going to see the Company of Ten’s production of Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan will find things not quite as they remember at the Abbey Theatre.
Don Hayward, the company’s house executive, explained: “Each year during our summer closure, we undertake some form of renovation of our theatre in order to ensure the comfort and accessibility of our facilities to all our patrons.
“In past years we have improved our seating, our access for people with disabilities and our technical stage equipment. This year we have turned our attention to the foyer.
“Audiences will find an exciting new lighting scheme which allows us to flood the area with mood-enhancing coloured light. The space has undergone a refreshing new paint job as well to really round off the contemporary feel. Added to this, we have also augmented the main auditorium lighting.”
Don added: “We are delighted with the results and are extremely grateful to BJG Electrical Installations and Eco LED Lighting for the massive assistance both companies have given the Abbey Theatre to bring about this impressive upgrade.”
You may also want to watch:
Lady Windermere’s Fan is being performed on the main stage of the Abbey Theatre at Westminster Lodge, St Albans.
Wilde’s tale of scandal and intrigue at the heart of high society has been translated to the 1920s with music, costumes and set to match.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Performances run from tomorrow (Friday) until September 22 and tickets are available from www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.