Lady Windermere’s Fan at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
REGULAR audience members going to see the Company of Ten’s production of Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan will find things not quite as they remember at the Abbey Theatre.
Don Hayward, the company’s house executive, explained: “Each year during our summer closure, we undertake some form of renovation of our theatre in order to ensure the comfort and accessibility of our facilities to all our patrons.
“In past years we have improved our seating, our access for people with disabilities and our technical stage equipment. This year we have turned our attention to the foyer.
“Audiences will find an exciting new lighting scheme which allows us to flood the area with mood-enhancing coloured light. The space has undergone a refreshing new paint job as well to really round off the contemporary feel. Added to this, we have also augmented the main auditorium lighting.”
Don added: “We are delighted with the results and are extremely grateful to BJG Electrical Installations and Eco LED Lighting for the massive assistance both companies have given the Abbey Theatre to bring about this impressive upgrade.”
Lady Windermere’s Fan is being performed on the main stage of the Abbey Theatre at Westminster Lodge, St Albans.
Wilde’s tale of scandal and intrigue at the heart of high society has been translated to the 1920s with music, costumes and set to match.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Performances run from tomorrow (Friday) until September 22 and tickets are available from www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.