Lady Windermere’s Fan at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
REGULAR audience members going to see the Company of Ten’s production of Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan will find things not quite as they remember at the Abbey Theatre.
Don Hayward, the company’s house executive, explained: “Each year during our summer closure, we undertake some form of renovation of our theatre in order to ensure the comfort and accessibility of our facilities to all our patrons.
“In past years we have improved our seating, our access for people with disabilities and our technical stage equipment. This year we have turned our attention to the foyer.
“Audiences will find an exciting new lighting scheme which allows us to flood the area with mood-enhancing coloured light. The space has undergone a refreshing new paint job as well to really round off the contemporary feel. Added to this, we have also augmented the main auditorium lighting.”
Don added: “We are delighted with the results and are extremely grateful to BJG Electrical Installations and Eco LED Lighting for the massive assistance both companies have given the Abbey Theatre to bring about this impressive upgrade.”
You may also want to watch:
Lady Windermere’s Fan is being performed on the main stage of the Abbey Theatre at Westminster Lodge, St Albans.
Wilde’s tale of scandal and intrigue at the heart of high society has been translated to the 1920s with music, costumes and set to match.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Performances run from tomorrow (Friday) until September 22 and tickets are available from www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.