Kyra Brox brings blues to Maltings, St Albans
A PERFORMER described as “one of the finest female blues singers of her generation” appears at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday night.
Little Walters Blues Club, having gained a reputation for featuring the very best of contemporary blues artistes, has managed to tempt Kyla Brox and her band down from Manchester for the gig.
Promoter Jeff Atkins said: “Kyla was born to sing. She grew up listening to her dad play the blues and her mum singing opera. At the age of 12 her dreams turned to reality when she started performing in her father’s band The Victor Brox Blues Train.
“Since then she has grown to be an incredible singer, widely regarded as Britain’s number one female blues singer.”
With five albums already recorded, Kyla has just released Grey Sky Blue, an acoustic extravaganza featuring the unique guitar skills of song-writing partner Danny Blomeley.”
You may also want to watch:
Kyra’s influences range from Nina Simone, Etta James, Aretha Franklin and Bessie Smith to Jimi Hendrix, John Martyn and James Brown. Tickets priced �12.50 each are available from the box office on 01727 844222.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly